To post a message to this Bulletin Board or for further information about the NSREAA , contact:
Davida Mackay, Registrar/Executive Director
Nova Scotia Real Estate Appraisers Association
5670 Spring Garden Road, Suite 602
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 1H6
Ph: (902) 422-4077 Fax: (902) 422-3717 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Established Atlantic Canada appraisal firm has an opportunity for an experienced appraiser to service our existing residential needs in Nova Scotia. Our firm has been in the Residential and Commercial Appraisal business for 2 decades and fosters a company environment that encourages innovation, expansion, and growth.
We are currently seeking candidates, CRA, or DAR for the residential appraisal department of our firm. Our firm will provide solid training and support in a competitive contract position. Compensation to commensurate is based upon level of experience and training. The successful individual will be required to appraise residential properties in a timely professional manner.
Qualified individuals will be self-motivated, willing to learn, have excellent organizational, time management, and problem solving skills, have the ability to manage multiple priorities, and work within a team environment. The qualified applicant must be fully insured and in good standing with the Appraisal Institute of Canada and/ or with CNAREA.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Please respond by email with resumes and/or questions to: email@example.com
Residential Assessor – Location: Work Unit II (Dartmouth)
Reporting to the Area Manager or designate, a Residential Assessor is responsible for the investigation and analysis of all information required for the valuation and defense of a fair, uniform and equitable estimate of market value for a portfolio of residential and resource properties. A Residential Assessor must maintain excellent public relations while dealing with clients, and may appear as an expert witness before the Nova Scotia Assessment Appeal Tribunal and the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board.
- Determines market and CAP value assessments for a portfolio of residential and resource properties by using accepted valuation practices and standards.
- Reviews and recommends revisions to existing policies and procedures.
- Processes and examines documents to update records and inputs information into iasWorld.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Determines and reviews residential neighborhood boundaries and values.
- Conducts research and analysis supporting market value assessments.
- Conducts initial appeal inspections.
- Prepares for and appears as an expert witness before the Nova Scotia Assessment Appeal Tribunal and the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board
- Ensures effective public relations when visiting properties or when responding to inquiries
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Appraisal Institute of Canada’s Canadian Residential Assessor (CRA) designation or the International Association of Assessing Officers’ Residential Evaluation Specialist (RES) designation.
- Two (2) years’ experience in mass appraisal valuation.
An acceptable combination of relevant training and work experience.
Additionally, the candidate must have knowledge of:
- Provincial and municipal legislation.
- Trends affecting real property values.
- Computer assisted mass appraisal systems and relevant software and costing programs.
- Real estate conveyance practices in the region.
- Principles and practices of real estate appraisal and understand local market conditions.
Candidates are required to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work independently or as a team player. Research and statistical analysis skills are essential.
All employees must demonstrate PVSC leadership competencies of Communication, Relationship Building, Decision Making, Client & Stakeholder Partnerships, Performance Excellence, Business Acumen and Pride and Ownership.
Travel throughout the work area and province (as required).
Competition: 2014 010
Classification and salary: PR11 ($2,106.22 – $2,558.32) bi-weekly.
Closing Date: June 25, 2014
In the cover letter/resume, please quote competition number & position title.All applications may be sent directly to: Property Valuation Services Corporation, Human Resources Division, Park Place II, 238A Brownlow Avenue, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, B3B 2B4 or Emailed to: PVSC-Careers@gov.ns.ca Submissions must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date. View Pdf document of this job posting.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Residential Appraiser/ Experienced CRA Candidate.
Abacus Residential Appraisals Inc, a new appraisal firm in Halifax Nova Scotia, is expanding. We are looking for goal driven, resourceful team players who excel at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Kind, Patient, Honest
- Strong grasp of Appraisal Theory
- Detail oriented
- Great work ethic
- Effective communicator
At Abacus Residential Appraisals Inc. we are looking to redefine the Residential Appraisal Firm. We want to empower our Team Members to be highly productive by providing them with a very competitive compensation package and all the tools of the Residential Appraisal Profession.
Commercial Valuation Consultant(s)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Colliers International (Atlantic) Valuation Advisory Services are market leaders in commercial valuation and advisory services in Halifax. Our ICI group focuses on valuation and consulting for public companies, REITs, pension funds and leading local / regional real estate companies and developers, providing IFRS reviews and benchmarking, financing and decision making support. We provide our services throughout Atlantic Canada.
We have a unique opportunity for the right individual(s), who must be highly motivated to achieve within a team atmosphere. We are seeking an experienced AACI that can work independently and will become a key member of our market leading team in Halifax. We will also consider candidates with a relevant academic background and experience.
Resumes can be sent to:
Our firm has a full time appraisal position open in the Cape Breton area , the opening is for a candidate or designated CRA appraiser. Must have own vehicle and be prepared to work out of home office.
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rex A Seaward AACI, P.App
Senior Commercial Appraiser
Mari-Tech Appraisal and Inspection Ltd.
Cell : 902-223-0684
Position Available for CRA or Near complete Candidate to join our South Shore Office
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written
- Complete property inspections
- Prepare reports in the time line given, without compromising accuracy or attention to detail
- Flexibility to work on several projects at once
- Develop new client relationships
- Work co-operatively with team members
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
Please indicate you interest via email along with your resume or CV to : email@example.com